[syslinux] SYSLINUX bootsplash

C. David Wilde cdw at mylinuxguy.com
Thu Jun 15 17:15:24 PDT 2006

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I've been googling for two
days now and the only thing that I've learned is that bootsplash is a
total black art.

I'm booting off of a USB stick and I've finally gotten a splash screen
to appear before vmlinuz and initrd load, but once they load the splash
screen scrolls off the screen.  Is there any way to make it behave and
stay there until X starts to load?  Is there an alternative to the
SYSLINUX/.lss method for splash screens?

TIA for the help,

Dave W.