[syslinux] SYSLINUX bootsplash

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Fri Jun 16 12:17:51 PDT 2006

> > SYSLINUX is no longer in control of the system once kernel and initrd is
> > loaded, if you want a splashscreen at this poing I belive you will have
> > to make your kernel and initrd do this.
> >
> > I suggest having a look at:  http://www.bootsplash.org/

Bootsplash is at best a pain, at worst impossible to install since it hasn't
been maintained in ages and the patches are hopelessly out of date.

I suggest fbsplash instead. It works quite well and can import old bootsplash
themes - not to mention that the splashutils make working with it a LOT
simpler than bootsplash.
Not simple, but at least simpler.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/

Ciao
A.J.

--
"there's nothing as inspirational for a hacker as a cat obscuring a bug
by sitting in front of the monitor" - Boudewijn Rempt