[syslinux] Isolinux CD to Hard drive

Person Hiding paralilis at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 21 19:39:08 PDT 2006

I'm still missing something here, cause, when using chain.c32 I've got the "Booting..." message and nothing happens.  I wonder if my setup is possible, or I'm trying to do something not doable ?  this is what I did exactely :

  - Format a small harddrive using Fat16
  - Syslinux -s c:\   using syslinux 3.11
  - Copy all .img files from isolinux to that drive
  - rename the isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg to be able to get the menu
  - changed localboot to chain.c32 (thanks to hpa)

  All the .img files worked perfectly except when I ask to boot from another hard drive !  Now, is this possible knowing that I already booted to that small hard drive ??

  Thank you for your help,
  paralilis.