[syslinux] Multihomed DHCPD w/ PXE

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:13:24 PDT 2006

I have a machine configured to listen on multiple nets for DHCPD
requests and for each static host defined in the dhcpd.conf that is a
member of PXE group I have this configuration available:

[dhcpd.conf example]
option domain-name="scl.utah.edu";
default-lease-time 900;
max-lease-time 1800;
ddns-update-style none;
authoritative;
allow bootp;
allow booting;
option space PXE;
option PXE.mtftp-ip code 1 = ip-address;
option PXE.mtftp-cport code 2 = unsigned integer 16;
option PXE.mtftp-sport code 3 = unsigned integer 16;
option PXE.mtftp-tmout code 4 = unsigned integer 8;
option PXE.mtftp-tmout code 4 = unsigned integer 8;

subnet 155.97.16.128
netmask 255.255.255.128 {
    option domain-name-servers 155.97.16.130, 155.97.15.2;
    option routers 155.97.16.129;
    range 155.97.16.131 155.97.16.210;
}

group {
    next-server 155.97.15.254;
    filename "/tftproot/pxelinux.0";
    host MMPC-57 {
        hardware ethernet 00:02:B3:A3:06:7c;
        fixed-address 155.97.15.157;
    }
}

I am recieving the error: Open timeout when attempting to gather the
pxelinux.0 file. Any help is appreciated.

--
Jas