[syslinux] Isolinux CD to Hard drive

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:59:54 PDT 2006

On 6/21/06, Person Hiding <paralilis at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I'm still missing something here, cause, when using chain.c32 I've got the "Booting..." message and nothing happens.  I wonder if my setup is possible, or I'm trying to do something not doable ?  this is what I did exactely :
>
>   - Format a small harddrive using Fat16
>   - Syslinux -s c:\   using syslinux 3.11
>   - Copy all .img files from isolinux to that drive
>   - rename the isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg to be able to get the menu
>   - changed localboot to chain.c32 (thanks to hpa)
>
>   All the .img files worked perfectly except when I ask to boot from another hard drive !  Now, is this possible knowing that I already booted to that small hard drive ??
>
>   Thank you for your help,
>   paralilis.

 Can we see your current configuration -- or at least the lines that
you have the problem with?  One thing to bear in mind though is that
chain.c32 starts numbering harddrives at 0, not 1.  Also, partitions
start at 1 (this is because the MBR is given 0 so that you can just
boot a MBR rather than a particular partition.)  So, to boot the first
partition of the first harddrive, you'd have:  "chain.c32 hd0 1" for
example.