[syslinux] Boot into operating system after PXE boot

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Fri Jun 30 03:09:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I would like to check with you all if the following is possible:

I'd like to combine G4L (Ghost clone) with PXE (been done before) but in such a way that an option in LDAP is checked after booting with PXE. If it's set, a certain program is executed with certain parameters (G4L), if not, the PC should continue to boot in it's installed operating system.

Is the latter possible? If so, how do I go about to continue booting after the PXE soft has loaded? I've seen it in a commercial product (Zenworks Imaging by Novell), so it should be possible ...

Rgds,

Bart