[syslinux] PATCH: Default intervention timeout...

Pat Suwalski pats at xandros.com
Thu Mar 2 11:41:14 PST 2006

Hello,

One of the requirements for our distribution that came down from
management (doesn't it always? :) is to have the boot menu on the CD
completely optional, but very easy to activate.

I'm attaching a patch that does just that. By adding the following lines
to the configuration file:

	MENU ACTIVATETIMEOUT 30
	MENU ACTIVATEMESSAGE Press any key for Advanced Menu...

The ACTIVATEMESSAGE text is shown for ACTIVATETIMEOUT time. If the user
intervenes (hits any key), the menu is shown. If instead it times out,
the default boot option is used.

The patch only shows the text if it is specified and defaults to no
timeout, meaning it does not alter current behaviour.

I think many people might find this patch useful, it works very well and
is quite minimal.

--Pat