[syslinux] Can this be done with PXELinux?

Kenneth Vandbæk k.vandbaek at get2net.dk
Sat Mar 11 15:05:41 PST 2006

Hi

This is what I like to be able to do.

1. Computer boot on LAN, using PXELinux.

2. If the computer is booting for the first time it sends MAC adr, RAM, size of harddrive and name of videocard to a shared folder on a computer, maybe a server, that is attached to the network.

3. If this is not the first time it scan for a new task, could be a new ghostimage or an unattended installation of a OS, if there isn't a new task it boot from harddrive.

Can this be done with PXELinux?

Feel free to ask for more questions if you don't understand the senario. I'm new in this, so sorry for my poor knowledge.

/Kenneth