[syslinux] pxelinux and kernel files over 8M

Josh Lehan jlehan at scyld.com
Wed May 3 19:18:13 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Busch Dick-MCG30121 wrote:
>>
>> Is there any reason to keep this 8M kernel size check in future releases
>> of pxelinux?
>
> No, it's clearly obsolete.  I just removed it and released a 3.20-pre8
> release.

Nice.  What is the new maximum file size supported by PXELINUX, now that
this check has gone away?

Am I correct in assuming that it is now only limited by the fundamental
TFTP protocol limit of 65535 packets?  (Depending on negotiated packet
size from the TFTP server, this is around the neighborhood of 80MB.)

Josh