[syslinux] pxelinux and startrom.com

Ardill, Robert (DTEI) robert.ardill at saugov.sa.gov.au
Sun May 7 16:24:12 PDT 2006

The 64 Bit version of WinPE boot fine via PXELinux.

A common mistake is that under the i386 Architecture the line can be
omitted, but under x64 it needs to be specified in the winnt.sif as
below.

BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
Architecture = "amd64"
BootPath = "\amd64\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdexportascd
/rdpath=\1\winpeLab_x64.iso"

Note the same startrom.com (.0) can be used to load both 32 and 64 bit
versions of WinPE.

Regards
Rob