[syslinux] Booting an ISO then mounting it under dos

Hans W. Uhlig huhlig at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:14:57 PDT 2006

I have been working on a project where one of my vendors provides an
(unmodifiable) iso image of their software. Normally to be burnt on a CD on
its own. The rest of the utilities we use are iso images and booted off of a
single CD using CDshell and its chainboot or bootloaders.

Right now it boots the ISO just fine. Except when the Dos enviroment on the
ISO loads up the CD it loads the physical drive rather then the ISO it
booted from. Is there anyway to fool the MSCDEX on the iso into mounting the
ISO file instead of the physical drive?

--
Hans W. Uhlig
Staples Technical Services