[syslinux] Problems booting on Intel i9x5 motherboards.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Tue May 23 07:22:48 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using Isolinux 3.11 to make a boot image with a variety of 2.6 kernels.

I have two Intel-branded motherboards with i915 and i945 chipsets that
have trouble booting with menu.c32.

If I load the image from the isolinux commandline with a set of append
parameters, it works. The same settings loaded from the menu.c32 causes
the kernel to load and promptly hang.

All I can tell is that it gets as far as setting the framebuffer video mode.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Is there anything I can do
to help debug this?

I have tried the latest com32 code from git and it did not help, btw.

Thanks!
--Pat