[syslinux] Problems booting on Intel i9x5 motherboards.

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Tue May 23 08:12:38 PDT 2006

Very strange.  Well, I'll tell you the first thing you should do.
3.11 is pretty old.  I guess it's the current "official" release, but,
in my experience the latest betas have made quite a few improvements
not just in functionality, but, they seem to be more reliable at
booting (particularly on finicky hardware like my old system using
1999 hardware that had troubles booting thanks to a broken ebios which
lied to syslinux and said it wasn't broken up until the moment
syslinux actually used it and it bombed out.)

In particular, I'm thinking that since menu.c32 seems to be the
culprit here, it might be useful to ensure that whatever the issue is,
it wasn't fixed later.  There haven't been very many changes to
menu.c32 that I know of, but, I think it has been through at least one
minor change since 3.11 (I think there was a new option added or
something wasn't there?)  If that fails to work, try the other
direction.  Use some older versions and see what happens.  In
particular, if you have to go to an older version to get one that
works on that hardware, it makes tracking down the problem a lot
easier if you can find which specific version (even try the betas.)

Good luck.  Maybe you'll get lucky and the latest beta works 100% so
that you don't even have to really solve the actual problem.  ^_^