[syslinux] isolinux + windows installation CD

Luke Burton luke at burton.echidna.id.au
Thu May 25 19:07:37 PDT 2006

One of the things I have struggled with is why extracting the El
Torito sector using geteltorito
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/geteltorito/) doesn't work. Any why
can't I extract the boot sector using dd?

I'm on Unix, so I don't want to switch to a Windows machine just to
extract the boot sector off an ISO image. And I don't want to reinvent
the wheel and figure it all out from first principals - I just want
the most direct way possible.

Then I want to build this damn Windows install disc :)

Regards,

Luke.