[syslinux] Linux on a USB Drive

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Sat May 27 19:35:33 PDT 2006

On 5/27/06, Ben Everard <ben_everard at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw a post you made on a forum quite some time ago
> about booting linux off a USB drive with compatible
> bios via ISOlinux.  I'm currently trying to do the
> same thing and keep running into problems with my
> initrd.  This is probably caused by the fact that I
> don't really know what I'm doing!  I was wondering if
> you found any useful info on the net you could point
> me in the direction of.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben Everard

I hope you don't mind my asking, but, why on earth would you want to
boot a USB drive using isolinux instead of syslinux anyway?

That said, can you describe the problems you've encountered in more
detail?  I don't know that I specifically can help since I've never
even tried (syslinux gets the job done fine for me) but I do know that
there just isn't really sufficient information for much diagnosis.  I
might add that if there really is something isolinux does which
syslinux does not do, maybe it's something that should be put into
syslinux?