[syslinux] Looks Like another Novice question here

Bryan Pershall bpershall at bpcccorp.com
Fri Nov 3 10:37:06 PST 2006

I have looked through all of the documentation on the simple.c menu setup.
I am moving from the menu with the Default, and several files *.msg my
current menu launches in text and I navigate by F numbers or typing the
corresponding Number next to the option that I want, I can handle setting
this up, but I want a graphical background now and more customized options.
So I am modifying simple.c to satisfy me, now what do I still need the
default file and what goes in it, how do I compile the .c file and with what
options do I compile it with.  I just need a little more guidance than the
documentation provides, and when I get through I might put together a better
how-to on the issue, and also in the simple.c file the OPT_RUN, "what goes
in here",0);  is it my path of the boot image for that menu item.

And guys and gals thanks for all of your help on this issue.

Bryan Pershall

BP Computer Consultants

IT Consultant

MCSE/Dell Certified