[syslinux] Serial with syslinux.

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:58:50 PST 2006

Can syslinux be upgraded to support more then 4 serial ports?
Could syslinux be configured to auto probe for the  first serial port?

Ubuntu 6.6.1  boots and can find the card at port ttyS4 and ttyS5.
Voyage (debian) linux  reset the  pci serial card  and assigns  it  to  ttyS0  and ttyS1

A few weeks back I asked about a boot loader with ttyUSB support.  It was pointed out that a USBserial stack would be very bloated.   So I purchased a pci serial IO card.

ON boot up the card is configured to port  4 to avoid  conflicts with the on board hardware.

Ubuntu 6.6.1  boots and can find the card at port ttyS4 and ttyS5.

Voyage linux (debian) reset the  pci serial card  and assigns  it  to  ttyS0  and ttyS1

syslinux and extlinux can not see the card at boot up.  Can extlinux be configured to auto probe and use the first serial port it finds?

serial -1 115200

Thank you for your hard work,

Nicholas A. Schembri
State College PA USA