[syslinux] Serial with syslinux

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 09:57:14 PST 2006

Peter,
It looks like Hp has done a lot or work in this aria, http://kerneltrap.org/node/4351.

If you have trouble with your output, use console=ttyS0 console=tty0, or console=uart,io,0x3f8.

I will report back my tests.  Can we add the results to the syslinux docs?
    console=uart,io,0x3f8
    console=uart,mmio,0xff5e0000,115200n8

I'll also add getty's on all my serial ports to make sure I get a login after a kernel upgrade.

Thanks for the help,
Nicholas A. Schembri
State College PA USA