[syslinux] Stuck at "Trying to Load: pxelinux.cfg/default"

Luke Morris Luke.Morris at brinker.com
Wed Nov 15 13:30:25 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm extremely new to Linux and am working on creating a PXE server/menu
with PXELINUX and Microsoft DHCP/TFTP.  I've gotten it to work great
with the exception of one box: the IBM SurePOS 532.  If I specify a boot
image in my DEFAULT file, it works fine.  However when I try to use
MENU.C32, it gets stuck at "Trying to Load: pxelinux.cfg/default."

Based on TFTP logs, it looks like MENU.C32 is hanging when it tries to
read it's settings from DEFAULT.  I'm pretty sure the initial read of
DEFAULT is successful, because it knows to look at MENU.C32.  Here are
some additional details regarding the NIC:

NSC dp83815 10/100 Mac Phyter 3v adapter
Device ID: 0020
Vendor ID: 100B.

I've tried version 3.31 as well as 3.40pre2.

Thanks in advance for your help - if you have any questions please let
me know.  Thanks,