[syslinux] Stuck at "Trying to Load: pxelinux.cfg/default"

Matt Barbieri MBarbieri at stayinfront.com
Wed Nov 15 13:54:07 PST 2006

Hi
I posted the exact same problem 2 days ago.  There are 2 things you can
try.  The first may or may not work, the second will definitely work.

1. Try using vesamenu.c32 instead of menu.c32.  Read the documentation
for the options for vesamenu.

2.  OR You can work around this by creating your own text menu instead
of using the pre-built menus.  To do this, edit your 'default' file and
remove the line:

DEFAULT menu.c32

Replace it with

DISPLAY boot.msg
PROMPT 1

Now create a text file on your tftp root called boot.msg.  Add your
choices here.  Now when you boot to PXE, your text will display and you
will need to type the number of the choice that you want to boot next to
the boot: prompt. (the number corresponds to the "label" number in your
default file.) hope this helps

-Matt