[syslinux] ISOLinux Windows / linux Install DVD

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Wed Nov 29 09:15:46 PST 2006

I am trying to create a DVD with ISOLinux as the bootloader to allow my
users to select to install either Linux or Windows.

Having read the article
http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2002-October/001135.html i am left in a
bit of a confused state as it sort of half explains things.

All i think i need to know is:

1. What files are needed to boot windows?
2. Where do i have to place the windows boot files?
3. Are there any windows cfg files i need to change?
4. Do i need any special mkisofs switches other than -N in addition to the
standard ones used for ISOLinux?

If someone could tell what i need to do to achive a dual install disk i
would be thankful.

Additionally I will write up the method properly in a step by step idiots
guide and put it up in the Wiki when i am done.

Ideally the following structure will be used.

/
/isolinux
/winxpsp2
/winxpsp2/i386
/rhws43
/rhws43/redhat

ie the folders /winxpsp2 and /rhws43 will be the "root" of their
respective OSes

Regards,

Ryan McLean