[syslinux] Netbooting an Intel Mac

Doug Zobel dzobel1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:23:53 PDT 2006

This may not be a SYSLINUX specific question, but more of a general network
booting question.  Has anyone managed to use a Linux based machine to
netboot an Intel Mac?

I can get the machine to successfully DHCP, but it won't go any farther then
that.  As far as I can tell, it's trying to get it's boot info via the "Boot
Server Discovery Protocol".  While it's not proprietary, I can't find any
linux based implementations of this.  Apple releases the code for for their
BSDP support in bootp (http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/10.3/bootp-110/)
for Darwin, but I haven't found any Linux based implemetnation of BSDP.
Does anyone know if there is one, or if there is a way to force the Mac to
use regular bootp?

-Doug