[syslinux] boot once option

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 08:13:18 PDT 2006

Can someone address the boot once option.  Is it to hard for syslinux to write a flag file to file system or the blank space after the mbr?

.conf
    bootonce Lable /boot/flagfile

or

.conf
    bootonce Lable1 /boot/flagfileLable1
     bootonce Lable2 /boot/flagFileLable2
    bootonce Lable2 /boot/flagFileLable2

skip the default  option if the flag file is 0  size.

Write something to the flag file.

In my case I have no control over the remote box at boot time.  I have had stock linux distrbution  kernals  fail to boot  on my hardware, ie change NIC init order.

syslinux has been better at booting my systems than Gr.. or Li..  I'm just looking to solve the failed test boot problem.

I understand Bloat is bad, and that ttyUSB is much to big for the small group of usrs with serial consoles.

Thank you for the Info on the ttyUSB option.
If I had the skills, I would try to be of more help,

Nicholas A. Schembri

State College, PA USA