[syslinux] Can PXELinux be used to deploy windows ?

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Tue Oct 17 09:03:13 PDT 2006

>I'm not sure the Windows Licence allow you to remaster the Windows
>installer on another media.

Well you can deploy windows from a RIS server which is in effect a
different media..

But technicallities and legalities aside I would like to know if this can
be done / how to do it if possible..
I will have a tinker about myself but tbh I don't really understand the
ins and outs of how all this works.

I am assuming that a windows boot cd boot sector points directly at the
windows kernel on the cd which kicks
off the installer..

If anyone even knows how I can go about investigating this by all means
point me in the right direction and
I will post back any findings.

Regards,

Ryan McLean