[syslinux] PXELINUX based kickstart query (probably OT)

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Oct 18 03:15:54 PDT 2006

Op 18-10-2006 om 07:59 schreef Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer):
> One last question, in this thread anyway :)

Colin,
FYI: Your E-mail programm doesn't support threads.
Visit http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2006-October/thread.html
and see that follow-up messages in thread get intended.
Notice that posting from your mailer start a new thread.

> To fully automate this I need a DOS hex editor that can be driven from
> the command line.  It only needs to replace the first two bytes of the
> MBR.  Do you know of such a beast?

echo -n -e  "\xCD\x18" > int18_boot_next
dd if=int18_boot_next of=/dev/sda

If it works, then please update the syslinux wiki.

> CC

Geert Stappers
Unix Engineer

P.S.

We read from top to bottum, we reply _after_ an answer.
So please reply below the text.