[syslinux] ethereal log of PXE bootup

Ed Sutter esutter at lucent.com
Thu Oct 19 11:37:15 PDT 2006

Ok, well, my current problem is pretty fundamental...

I'm trying to do this with just DHCP/TFTP (as you suggest) by implementing
options 208-211 (as outlined on the website) and adding TSIZE/0ACK to my
tftp server.  At the moment, the client I'm using won't even respond to the
DHCP reply I send it, so I'm not sure if my initial 208-211 options response
is wrong or if the client is just expecting more than that.

Is there any way to know if the PXE stack in my client (assume to be a
black box) will accept just DHCP options for this?

I was of the impression that PXE was just an extension to DHCP/TFTP anyway,
guess I need to read some more.

Thanks
Ed