[syslinux] PXE booting Dell diagnostics

J.H. warthog19 at eaglescrag.net
Mon Oct 23 10:18:38 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 17:32 +0200, Berthold Cogel wrote:
> J.H. wrote:
>

> > As far as memdisk & syslinux are concerned tests/diags.img doesn't
> > exsist.  Take a look at your tftpboot directory and make sure it's there
> > and readable.  If that doesn't solve your problem enable verbose output
> > for tftp (if your using tftp-hpa just add -v or -vv to it's
> > instantiation line, on a fedora based system edit /etc/xinetd.d/tftp and
> > add it to the 'server_args' line like:
> > server_args             = -vv -s /tftpboot)
> >
> > - John
>
> Hmmm...
>
> I've some other entrys in this submenu that do work:
>
> LABEL memtest86
> 	MENU LABEL Memtest^86
> 	KERNEL tests/memtest
>
> LABEL memtest86+
> 	MENU LABEL ^Memtest86+
> 	KERNEL tests/memtest86+

If these work --^ than your paths are fine and you shouldn't have an
issue.

> LABEL diag32
> 	MENU LABEL ^Dell Diagnostics
> 	KERNEL memdisk
> 	APPEND initrd=tests/diags.img
>
> LABEL dos
> 	MENU LABEL d^os
> 	KERNEL memdisk
> 	APPEND initrd=images/622C.IMG

Did you try the 'raw' or 'bigraw' options mentioned at
http://syslinux.zytor.com/memdisk.php ?  These are almost absolutely
required to get boot disks, particularly those mad with Windows ME & XP,
to work.

- John 'Warthog9' H.
http://pxeknife.erebor.org