[syslinux] USB key: CBIOS line printed, nothing else

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Tue Sep 5 17:19:59 PDT 2006

El Martes, 5 de Septiembre de 2006 18:33, Josh Lehan escribió:
> * There's a problem with SYSLINUX finding its configuration file,
> though.  There's supposed to be many possible choices, "linux" and
> "knoppix" among them, and a nice VGA startup splash screen as well.
>
> Typing in "linux" at this command prompt did not work.  Neither did
> "knoppix".
>
> I'm guessing this is a problem of SYSLINUX not finding its configuration
> file, and falling back to default behaviour.
Wrong, I use to boot with extlinux or syslinux, and always got a proper boot
prompt with a working cmdline, may be you do not make a configuration file,
and may be you are coping the isolinux.cfg file from cdrom, that is not the
same. Working on almost every usb stick, and usb-storage bridges....

:p

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux