[syslinux] (no subject)

Thorbjoern.Skistad at kongsberg.com Thorbjoern.Skistad at kongsberg.com
Thu Sep 7 01:18:54 PDT 2006

Hi everyone :)

Trying this for the first time.....

My problem:
I'm trying to get PXELinux to use the parameters 208,209,210 and 211 (for having a common config file and separate default values)
I've set up a tftp server (as suggested on the pxelinux site), and pxe booting works as it should.

I'm stuck using a Windows 2003 DHCP server, and can't get it to send the options described. I've added them as "Predefined Options" in the "DHCP Standard Options". That's as close as I get to the "site-option-space" as I can.. (I think)

I've used wireshark to monitor the dhcp request and response, and I don't get the options 208-211.

Does anyone know how to make a Microsoft DCHP send these options even if the dhcp client does not request it? It's my understanding that that the way it sould work, since it's the network card and not pxelinux that does the dhcp request.

Best regards
Thorbjørn Skistad
Norway