[syslinux] disabling serial in pxelinux

DI. Thomas Schallar t.schallar at avalon.at
Thu Sep 14 00:12:51 PDT 2006

Hello!

Stupid me! I started with an example config file years ago. It worked
from the beginning and so I never asked, what really was in it. One
should never, ever do that, because the *last* line contained "serial 0
9600". Meanwhile the config file is nearly 100 lines long, because I
added every new S.u.S.E. release for remote installation on top

    backup.selfnet.at:/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg 08:23# wc default
      93  210 3455 default

...and never looked into the "old" parts at the end of the file - even
not, while I played with another serial option at the beginning of the
file. :-(

I removed the "ancient" serial line and everything works perfectly now!
Thank you!

greetings from Vienna, Austria,
Thomas