[syslinux] Comments sought on the graphical menu infrastructure

Constantin Charissis cch at dataswift.fr
Wed Sep 20 07:33:02 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I would really appreciate feedback on the graphical menu system and its
> infrastructure.  It's not really clear to me that it's what people want;
> it seems to me that it makes more sense than gfxboot, for example (C
> rather than pseudo-Forth), but I can understand people would disagree.
>
> Anyway, the more feedback I get the easier it will be to pick a
> direction and a priority for future work, so any comments are appreciated.
>
> 	-hpa

Hello,

Will it be hard to create some com32 drawing primitive functions for vesa ?
Like drawpixel, drawrect, drawfillrect ?

The goal for me is to create an advanced menu system with a graphical
GUI instead of a text based one.
And maybe later mouse support ?

I was reading vesa specs for a moment now to try to add vesa mode to
syslinux, but you've done it earlier... :)
Thank you for the great work.

--
Constantin Charissis
DATASWIFT