[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.31-pre3 released

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Sep 21 23:49:29 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin schrieb:
> After thinking a bit of the multi-file support in 3.31-pre1, and
> considering a few users' feedback on the subject, I have made a
> couple of changes:
>
> 1. The dummy filename ~ can be used to mean "the main config file".
>  2. There is a MENU INCLUDE directive now.
>
> -hpa
Hi!

I like the new vesamenu stuff and the "MENU INCLUDE" option - it
simplifies menu
setup considerably!

However, I found some odd behaviour, that looks like a bug to me:

I'm trying to include a "go back to main menu" file:

LABEL mainmenu
  MENU DEFAULT
  MENU LABEL ^0 Back to Main Menu
  KERNEL vesamenu.c32

in my basic config file:
MENU TITLE DOS Boot Floppies
MENU INCLUDE pxelinux.cfg/menu.inc

LABEL dos-3com
  MENU LABEL ^1 DOS 3com Bootfloppy
  KERNEL memdisk
  APPEND initrd=/dos/dos_3com.img floppy

LABEL novell
  MENU LABEL ^2 Novell something
  KERNEL memdisk
  APPEND initrd=/dos/288_ncp.img

MENU INCLUDE pxelinux.cfg/main.inc

I'd expect a menu like:

1 DOS 3com Bootfloppy
2 Novell something
0 Back to Main Menu

But I get:

1 DOS 3com Bootfloppy
0 Back to Main Menu
2 Novell something

If I move the "MENU INCLUDE" option up and down - it's always the same:
It's one position above then intended one. Am I missing something, or
may this
be a bug in the config file parsing code?

Bye,
   Marcel

- --
- ----
Dipl.-Inf. Marcel Ritter
Linux/Novell
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
Tel: 09131 / 85-29958
E-Mail: Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
- ----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.