[syslinux] isolinux/el torito

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Sep 22 09:46:16 PDT 2006

Andrew Smith wrote:
> hello
>
> a while ago i posted a question about my troubles remastering isolinux
> bootable cds. after that Steffen Winterfeldt helped me out a lot and now
> my problems are gone.
>
> i wrote a document about my experiences and i thought i'd share it with
> you: http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/eltoritosuppl.php
>
> and since i'm in pimping mode, my interest in isolinux is purely because
> of iso master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster ). give it a shot, if you
> will.

One thing I would really like to see is a way to master iso9660
filesystems on Linux that would put the boot catalog in sector 18.
There *are* BIOSes out there which will only read it from sector 18, and
all M$ CD images seem to have their boot catalog there.

An mkisofs mod, too, would be a good thing.