[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.31-pre3 released

Giulio Orsero giulioo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 08:31:00 PDT 2006

On 9/22/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> After thinking a bit of the multi-file support in 3.31-pre1, and
> considering a few users' feedback on the subject, I have made a couple
> of changes:

Reading README.menu I understand we can use "MENU INCLUDE" just for
menu system setup, not for adding labels.

But in this thread
http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2006-September/007347.html
you answer to an user, which is using "MENU INCLUDE" for adding a
common LABEL, like it's something possible and supported.

So, can we include LABEL/KERNEL/APPEND statements in a file which is read
with "MENU INCLUDE"?

Also, assuming that graphics.conf and othermenu.conf don't contain
conflicting directives, is using
    APPEND graphics.conf othermenu.conf
100% equivalent to using
     APPEND othermenu.conf
and then using "MENU INCLUDE graphics.conf" at the top of othermenu.conf?
If yes, what's the method you recommend?

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com