[syslinux] Long delay to check for configuration files

behrad at rayavaran.com behrad at rayavaran.com
Sat Sep 23 10:49:15 PDT 2006

Hi

Sometimes booting from the server last for a few minutes to show the menu. It is looking for pxelinux.cfg/C010200202 and pxelinux.cfg/C01002020 and so on and while in normal situation it takes less than one second for all of them, in this situation it lasts around 20 seconds  for each. I am using Microsoft Win2k3 tftp server and even restarting the tftpserver service is not helping.

I noticed this happens when the TFTPserver is specified by name and not ip in DHCP and make the Name-To-IP resolvation very difficut. It is not happended when the server has only one IP but if there are a few IP and one of them is not available. The problem is that it does the same delay on every file (C0102030, C010203 to default) while it could be done just once.

Behrad