[syslinux] Vesa menu option suggestion

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Sep 25 22:14:53 PDT 2006

K Schincke wrote:
> Can we add a help line/extended description for menu options?
>
> Maybe something like "MENU LABEL HELP text" with the text could be
> displayed below the menu.

This is a good idea.  I think it probably needs to be able to handle
more than one line, however, so something more like:

@HELP
Text
More text
@END

... might be a better syntax (I want to avoid using the keyword MENU,
since core syslinux treats that as an end-of-line comment.  This would
have to be something that has a block end terminator.  Suggestions for
syntax would be appreciated.)