[syslinux] extlinux boot once.

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 05:26:36 PDT 2006

 Extlinux has worked great for me, and I want to thank everyone who has worked on the project over the years. Thank you.

Now for my issue:
I'm using extlinux to boot mini atx systems for use in remote locations.  If I'm Lucky I will have a way to manually cycle the power, but I will have no interaction with the box.

Is there a way to have extlinux/syslinux boot a configuration file only once?

If the system fails to boot I can have the power cycle and the system would boot off of the default configuration.

Thank you for your time,

Nicholas A. Schembri
State College, Pa USA