[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.31-pre4 is release candidate

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Mon Sep 25 05:53:55 PDT 2006

Sorry for the barage of posts but just had a small idea that would be a
nice tweek more than anything

Could  we have an option to define the timeout msg?

So instead of "Automatically Booting in XX seconds"

So I could have "Returning to Main menu in XX seconds".

and as a futher extension to this can we call a var that stores the
default option so i could have

"Installing <DEFAULT> in XX seconds"
"Booting <DEFAULT> in XX seconds"

where <DEFAULT> is the default boot option in that cfg file.

I dont think its a feature of much use to those of us posting here, but if
any of us are letting users near it i think it would be usefull for them
to see what is happening so they don't panic and choose something by
mistake.

Regards,

Ryan McLean