[syslinux] PXE menu file problem

behrad at rayavaran.com behrad at rayavaran.com
Wed Sep 27 21:26:15 PDT 2006

As a matter of fact, pxelinux can execute pxe.mnu if you named it pxe.0. The pxe.0 menu appear but when the user choose any floppy image file or even want to localboot from the menu, system resets. This is not happen when pxe.mnu is directly loaded without intermediation of pxelinux.0.

I think there is an important bug in pxelinux. Maybe it hooks some interrupts and doesn't roll them back or something similar in memory location it loads.

Learning is enjoyful but you will enjoy it more if you can do the job! I hope HPA helps!