[syslinux] Where to RTFM details of kernel options/parameters.

J.H. warthog19 at eaglescrag.net
Sun Apr 1 17:53:10 PDT 2007

Whats passed through the append or through the default line has no
bearing on syslinux itself, these are effectively nothing more than
command line options.  They are passed to the 'kernel' and whatever the
kernel is processes whats passed, syslinux itself doesn't muck with any
of that.

That said there are various com32 modules (menu and vesamenu) that are
treated as a kernel with an append, the kernel is obviously menu with
the commandline option of 'load this file'.

What you are looking for is a list of things that can be passed to
whatever kernel / distro you are running, so a good place to start would
be the kernel documentation and browsing through the distro
documentation to see if there is anything special you can pass directly
to the startup scripts of the distro.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley