[syslinux] Error from boot .img can not run from protected enviornment

Bryan Pershall bpershall at bpcccorp.com
Tue Apr 10 11:51:15 PDT 2007

 I will try.

I have PXE linux on a windows 2003 server, with TFTPD handaling the broadcast, and ghost handleing my system images. I have several small boot images I made from windows 98 disks that, launch the system images, and lots of utilities, like HDD, Ultimateboot, and Bios upgrades, or so I thought, all of my small boot images are identical in that they will boot about 3 manufaturers over 10 platforms. the image for the Bios systems, boots the system up and loads the nics, and other pariferials. Well when the system boots up and launches the dos exe for the bios upgrade, which works when booted from a floppy, but when I create an image of the disk, and boot it over PXE it gives the error of the bios exe complains that it cannot run from a protected enviornment. I hope that is the detail you were wanting. If not help me give you the info needed.

Thank You
BP Computer Consultants
Bryan Pershall (MCSE, Dell Certified)
IT Consultant ------
Office: 281-469-6456
Cell: 281-732-7225

 On Tue Apr 10 10:50 , "H. Peter Anvin"  sent: