[syslinux] Changing the ISOLINUX boot directory

Agent 2544 agent2544 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:12:56 PDT 2007

I'm new to the ISOLINUX development cycle, and I've tried a few times to
come up with a solution. I'm trying to recompile isolinux.bin to look for
the config files in a directory other than root, /boot/isolinux, or
/isolinux. Ideally, this directory would be /lpc/isolinux.

I've tried changing the plain text values in isolinux.asm to reflect these
changes and recompiling using nasm, but when I arrange the files in the way
that I need them to reside isolinux never finds the kernel. I'm using
EasyBoot to boot the ISOLINUX shell. The structure looks something like
this:

<root>
  <easyboot>
    :..chntpwd.bif
    :..isolinux.bin
    :..loader.bin
    :..chntpwdtest.ezb
  <lpc>
    <isolinux>
        :..SYSLINUX.EXE
        :..INITRD.CGZ
        :..SCSI.CGZ
        :..VMLINUZ
        :..ISOLINUX.CFG
        :..SYSLINUX.CFG
        :..BOOT.MSG
        :..BOOT.CAT
        :..readme.txt

Esentially, what should happen is when the disc boots, the EasyBoot menu
shows up. The menu displays an option to run "chntpwd.bif" which references
"isolinux.bin". EasyBoot takes care of redirecting ISOLINUX to think it's
not in the subdirectory <easyboot> but I want ISOLINUX to find the config
files in /lpc/isolinux rather than /boot/isolinux.

Any help?

Thanks,

-Aaron