[syslinux] Error from boot .img can not run from protected enviornment

Bryan Pershall bpershall at bpcccorp.com
Wed Apr 11 12:45:18 PDT 2007

The config, works fine, they all work like they are intended, its after the image boots on the GX260Bios one, I get an error.  The error is not directly related to the PXE server, it is only related in the since, that the floppy version of the bios update works, but not the PXE image, it does boot and launch the bios update software and then I get the error.  Is that a better explanation.

The exact error is from the bios update software and it reads "Error cannot run under a protected enviornment."

Attached is an image of the folder structure of the image and files in it.

it is free dos my com file shows IBMDOS

Ass far as the 1.44 to 2.8 I used winimage, and added the bios software to it and thats what balloned it to 2.8.  I have done that to other floppy images and they work fine, like the pic that is attached it is of a 2.8 image that boots and then launches ghost for my imaging part of the PXE server, and it works fine.  My reasoning behind the error relating to PXE is i think its from not being able to write to the location where the exe is launching from, but I dont know how to move it to ram or something where it is writeable, any ideas and is this enough info on my issue yet.

Thank You
BP Computer Consultants
Bryan Pershall (MCSE, Dell Certified)
IT Consultant ------
Office: 281-469-6456
Cell: 281-732-7225

 On Tue Apr 10 16:20 , Andrew Stuart  sent: