[syslinux] Unable to figure out extlinux

Dyks, Axel (XL) xl at xlsigned.net
Wed Apr 11 15:40:59 PDT 2007

Interesting! Operating Linux on an embedded device is one of
the projects, I'd really love to do some day ...

Pete wrote:
> OK, been perusing the archives and Google, but can't find what I want.
> I'm building up a 512 MB compact flash using the CLFS directions ...
Guessing: Cross Linux from Scratch?
==> http://cross-lfs.org/files/BOOK/1.0.0/

> build the filesystem. That works great, but I would like to use extlinux
> to make the cflash bootable on my little SBC.
Guessing: SBC = Single Board Computer
==> Which manufacturer/model?

> Attached is my extlinux.conf file and the steps I have used to make this
> work.
Attachment?
Which steps did you perform to actually _install_ the bootloader?
By the way, the CLFS book explains how to use grub and not
how to use syslinux/extlinux.

Axel