[syslinux] Boot kernel on a different drive/partition

Ram Yalamanchili ramyinc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:06:10 PDT 2007

Hey,

I have this support working fine. I'll send some patches out next
week, but I have partition support integrated into open()/read() calls
(i bypass calling into the syslinux intcalls to read/open files,
instead do it all in the C library using the io.c calls I sent a patch
for last week), but you can also do this with any com32 module. I'm
not sure if Peter will have any part of these patches in syslinux, but
I can maintain a patch page on the wiki.

FWIW, my use case is to have a fallback bootloader. So, if a boot
failed from one partition, it would boot from another partition. This
is for an embedded system where the bootloader itself is on a 3rd
partition but firmwares are on two separate partiitons.

thanks.

--
Ram