[syslinux] Yukon NIC - again

Lindgren Daniel daniel.lindgren at tullverket.se
Wed Apr 25 06:33:05 PDT 2007

Hello.

I have the same problem as many others, PXELINUX (or rather menu.c32)
does not work with Marvell Yukon 88E8055 cards. I have two machines,
Fujitsu LIFEBOOK S7110 and P7230 that have the same problem; menu.c32
will not load.

The version of Marvell's base code is 1.10.1.3 (20060516), Yukon PXE
v5.14.1.3 (20060704), in the machines I have tested. I have tried
downgrading the BIOS on the S7110 to a very old version (1.15, current
version is 1.28) and then menu.c32 loads. In Fujitsu's changelog for
1.16 (menu.c32 not working anymore) this is included:

"HCT issue fixed for PXE BIOS"

The version of Marvell's base code and PXE in Fujitsu's BIOS 1.15 is
older. Googling for "fujitsu hct" indicates that it is probably a
hardware compatibility test related to Microsoft operating systems, but
I do not know for sure.

I saw in the list archives that PXELINUX 3.02 could work on some Yukon
cards, but it doesn't work on my machines. I also tested 3.00, 3.11 and
3.36 with the same results.

Vesamenu.c32 does not work either. Using text files as "menus" do work.

Could I be of assistance in finding the problem? I can't send any
machines, but I'd be happy to run whatever tests needed to resolve this
issue.

BR,
Daniel Lindgren