[syslinux] PXELINUX No network device problem

Roger A. Katz rak at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 26 08:11:46 PDT 2007

Good morning.
I am trying to do a dhcp/pxelinux network install for redhat linux.
I have a new Dell computer with a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gibabit
controller.

I am getting the following errors:

Getting Kickstart file.
ASSERT: no network device in ChooseNetworkInterface
No network drivers for doing kickstart
unable to bring up network.

I've searched this lists archives for the word ASSERT and
ChooseNetworkInterface and did not get any relevant hits.

I was running an old version of PXELINUX.0 so I downloaded the latest
version but get the same result.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I would appreciate direct

Roger A. Katz  [ rak at bnl.gov ]          CAD Controls Division Bldg 911 C
(631) 344-2732 fax (631) 344-5443      Brookhaven National Laboratory
                                       Upton, N.Y. 11973-5000