[syslinux] boot 32 or 64 kernel depending on cpu

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Apr 26 14:13:51 PDT 2007

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

> I don't link the command line parsing of linux.c. Mine works (well, it
> prints the correct output), is smaller and IMHO cleaner.

Well, for one thing, you have "video=" instead of "vga=" (two different
options!) and your handling of suffixes is broken in two ways: a) you do
"toupper" but compare against lower-case characters, and you don't deal
with 64-bit suffixes, and risk boot failure as a result.

> But I'll try it tomorrow instead of mime. And just linux.c32, as it could
> be unrelated to syslinux_boot_linux.
>
> Do you think that borrowing 1K from the stack could cause problems?

Not really, if you did it correctly.

As far as argv[0] is concerned, that's supposed to be the name of the
c32 file itself.