[syslinux] [pxelinux] Config file question, possible to use mac address files and default file at the same time?

Thorbjoern.Skistad at kongsberg.com Thorbjoern.Skistad at kongsberg.com
Mon Apr 30 06:20:59 PDT 2007

Hi...

I was wondering... I've got a default file that I change quite often, lots of choises... Then I've got exception files... Based on mac addresses... Like pxelinux does quite well.

Now... Is there a way to include the default file.. (or any other file for that matter) so you could have a common config for all these files... So the exceptions just contain the actual changes.

For example:

An default file
---------------------
onerror reload
display menu.txt
prompt 1
timeout 30
default windows

Label windows
  kernel images/myboot.0
  append keeppxe

Label otherthingy
  kernel images/otherboot.0
  append keeppxe

Label ..... <And so on>

An exeption file: 01-00-aa-bb-cc-dd-ee
include default
say This is an exception file for my client
default otherthingy

This would make it sooo much easier to maintain the pxe config.
Is this possible... Or can it be made possible?

Best regards
Thorbjørn