[syslinux] [help] Use syslinux but can not boot from USB key

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Sat Aug 11 04:49:38 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bo Xie" <xiebopublic at gmail.com>
To: <syslinux at zytor.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:19 PM
Subject: [syslinux] [help] Use syslinux but can not boot from USB key

> I try two ways to use syslinux for USB key (2GB USB key), and one
> approach can boot from machine, another approach can not. Could you
> review the following steps and tell me why #2 can not boot?
> Thanks very much!

It does depend on bug on certains bios.
I would guess you have an Award bios, that may not like partionned usb key.
Upgrading the bios may help.
This make a difference to me booting from an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard.
Previous to the bios upgrade, only unpartionned and zip-like partition were
working

Gilles